On April 26, 2022, the Honorable Cheryl Mason, Chairman of the Board of Veterans’ Appeals joined Military Spouse Representing Veterans Fellows Jennifer Healy and Zenobia Lockhart to discuss the importance of veterans’ advocacy in our profession.
During this professional development event, Chairman Mason also emphasized her commitment to military spouse employment and provided resources for military spouse attorneys to find employment advocating for veterans, including positions at the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
Resources mentioned during our discussion:
- USA Jobs Attorney- Advisor Position (open 3/17 – 9/30) https://www.usajobs.gov/job/643448900
- USA Jobs Lead Program Specialist (open 4/7 – 4/27): https://www.usajobs.gov/job/647595800
- USA Jobs Data Scientist GS-13 (open 4/26 – 5/2): https://www.usajobs.gov/job/650841500
Military Spouse Employment Resources
- VA Board of Veterans’ Appeals Website. Featuring MilSpouse Employment Resources: https://www.bva.va.gov/Military_Spouse_Employment.asp
- VA Careers has special feature for MilSpouses at VA: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/Careers/Veterans/
- DoD Military Spouse Employment Partnership: https://msepjobs.militaryonesource.mil/msep/
- LinkedIn Military Spouse Employment Partnership Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4159976/